Summit Truck & Equipment Repair in Salmo, BC is currently seeking a Parts Person to join our team. We are a commercial transport and equipment repair facility in the heart of the amazing West Kootenays. The position is open to anyone with a desire to work, learn and take their first steps in a rewarding career in an essential industry. Summit believes that employee training and advancement is an important part of any successful repair business and we encourage all of our employees to grow their careers by developing their skills. We will assist our employees in any way we can to help them achieve their goals. At Summit, we believe it is about more than just fixing trucks. It’s about people coming together, supporting and helping each other in a company that feels more like a family.
*** We are able to consider international candidates through the Express Entry and RNIP pathways ***
- Source, sort and sell commercial truck and trailer parts
- Monitor and manage parts inventory
- Unload, receive and store incoming parts
- Provide parts to Mechanics for vehicle repair and maintenance
- Build strong business relationships with customers and suppliers
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the store
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous parts experience
- Have strong computer and systems knowledge
- Possess excellent customer relations and communication skills
- Be a team player who is willing to pitch in and help out wherever needed
- Be able to lift up to 50 lb
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s licence with clean abstract
What we offer:
- 4 on / 4 off rotation with 11 hour day shifts. No night shifts!
- $20-26/hour based on experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Matched contribution pension plan after 1 year
- Excellent work/life balance – enjoy 4 straight days off in the Kootenays every week
- Consistent, steady work in a professional and respectful environment
Please apply with a resume.