Social Media Coordinator – Summer Student
Sutherland Group Enterprises is hiring for a Social Media Coordinator Summer Student to join our dynamic group of companies in either our Nelson or West Kelowna, BC offices. The Social Media Coordinator will assist in creating content, managing multiple social media accounts across our organization, planning content calendars and measuring analytics to gauge the success of campaigns. The ideal candidate will be creative, analytical, self-motivated and up to date on all social media trends.
- Assist with media strategies across multiple social accounts.
- Assist in the creation process of social media content.
- Write clear, concise, on-brand and grammatically correct social post copy utilizing different writing styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Communicate and engage with followers, respond to messages promptly and monitor reviews.
- Report and measure using analytics on all social media platforms to gauge the success of campaigns
- Research and reach out to community organizations in our target markets, inviting them to join and engage in the platform
- Plan and participate in workplace, promotional, marketing and recruitment events as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Currently enrolled on a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma course in marketing, communications or related field.
- Experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube is required. Experience with paid advertising sites like Google Ads and Facebook Ads an asset.
- Previous experience in a marketing, social media, communications or similar role is an asset, but not required.
- Strong writing skills and confidence with phone communication; able to confidently and professionally gather and share information.
- Strong understanding of Canva or Photoshop required. Knowledge of other Adobe Creative Cloud applications or similar design software would be an asset. Design samples may be requested.
- Strong analytical skills to track and report on social media campaigns.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task while adhering to deadlines.
- Able to work independently and effectively problem solve.
- Able to represent the company in a professional manner.
This role is partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Student Work Placement Program and candidates are required to meet the below program requirements to be considered:
- Canadian citizen, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada.
- Able to provide proof of part/full time enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- International students on a work/study permit are not eligible under the Student Work Placement Program.
Sutherland Group Enterprises is a broad-based solutions provider to the forestry industry and beyond. The range of services provided by our team of domain experts in the group of 8 companies includes: roadbuilding, blasting, harvesting, portable wood chipping, barging, and transportation services.
In 1995, Chris, Melanie, and Robert Sutherland started their first business, Sutco, with one logging truck, a customer centric approach, and a vision of building a family-oriented organization.
Today, Sutco Transportation is a family owned and operated transportation company that proudly serves the forestry industry in British Columbia and the Pacific Northwest, using the same determination, values and work ethic it was founded on 26 years ago. Sutco has been named the Top Medium Sized Company by Trucking HR Canada, as well as ‘Most Engaged Workforce’, ‘Most Diverse Workforce’ and a ‘Top Fleet Employer’ for 6 consecutive years.