Hadean Aggregate Solutions, part of the Sutherland Group, is hiring a Dump Truck & Pup Driver for our West Kootenays gravel pit operations in the Nelson area. The successful candidate will be hauling materials from various pits and jobs, as well as operating front end loader and skidsteer.
- Haul material from various pits and jobs, loading material from stockpiles to appropriate piles and trucks
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate, and refill the equipment as necessary
- Maneuver heavy equipment into loading and unloading positions
- Participate in, accept and adopt the principles described in the company safety program
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience driving dump truck and pup, delivering materials
- Valid Class 1 driver's licence with clean driver's abstract
- Mechanically inclined with knowledge of screening equipment
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently
- Able to work safely and collaboratively with team members and management in the field in a physically demanding and fast paced work environment
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Capable of performing routine maintenance on equipment such as lubricating, cleaning, etc
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, confined space and heights and possess the required PPE and steel-toed work shoes
- First Aid & WHMIS certificates are considered an asset
- Able to successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume, however only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Hadean Aggregate Solutions (part of the Sutherland Group of companies) offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high-performance organization, including competitive hourly wage and benefits package, along with in-house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.