Are you ready to lead and build out the finance function of a dynamic and expanding group of companies?
Are you ready to work for a fast-paced group of industry leading companies that are strategically integrated to meet the needs of our customers?
If you’re looking for that next step in financial leadership and are ready to take on the mandate to drive the vision of a vibrant and enterprising group of companies, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Sutco Transportation Specialists is in search of a Chief Financial Officer to join our team, leading The Sutherland Group. This position can be based out of West Kelowna or Nelson BC.
The CFO’s role is to provide growth focused financial leadership in day to day best practices, new ventures, financial analysis and capital financing across The Sutherland Group. This position will require a strong business acumen, solid technical finance and accounting experience and the ability to safeguard our financial risk.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ensuring all actions incorporate 'Sutco’s 7 Commitments' while working on behalf of all the companies in The Sutherland Group.
• Drive the financial planning for the Sutherland Group.
• Determine investment strategies by analyzing cash and liquidity risks.
• Prepare business plans for new ventures.
• Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure. Be responsible for working with financial institutions/lenders to raise all funds required for purchases and acquisitions.
• Ensure cash flow is sufficient for the organization’s operations.
• Manage a team of financial personnel (controllers, in-house accountant and administrative staff).
• Manage relevant vendor relationships, ensuring good standing in the eyes of our business partners.
• Ensure reliable reporting for all Sutherland Group companies is done accurately and timely, including current state and forecasting.
• Review and oversee the company’s current finance IT systems.
• Ensure compliance with all laws and company policies.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Proven experience as CFO, VP of Finance or other equivalent role.
• In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices.
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
• Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
• CPA and MBA would be a strong advantage.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software.
• Ability to strategize and solve problems.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers.
What we offer:
• First class office environment – onsite gym, meditation room and offices built around natural light.
• Award winning company and culture – Sutco has been named a Top Fleet Employer five years in a row!
• Matched contribution pension and extended medical benefits.
Sutco remains family owned and operated, and proudly serves all of North America using the same determination, values, and work ethic it was founded on over 25 years ago.
Sutco is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome all applications. We appreciate all those who apply, but only those contacted will be considered.
SUTCO’S 7 COMMITMENTS FOR EXCELLENCE & SUCCESS
1. We are committed to the safety, success and satisfaction of our team members by continuing to invest in training and personal development. As our most valued asset we recognize our employees are integral to the success of our organization, therefore we support a healthy work life balance and a host of career advancement opportunities.
2. We are committed to excellence in customer service by providing a diversified service designed to meet or exceed the dynamic needs of our customers.
3. We are committed to diversity and equality in our organization.
4. We are committed to expanding our company in a conscientious and sustainable way ensuring long term success and profit in all divisions.
5. We are committed to conducting ourselves in a professional manner, supporting and protecting the family values our company was built on.
6. We are committed to building relationships with our business partners through open and honest communication ensuring lasting partnerships.
7. We are committed to being industry leaders through exceptional safety practices and continuous innovation benefiting our employees, customers, communities and the environment.